Losing the Baby Weight

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Good Stuff

So a friend of mine is expecting right now and she just posted a blog about hearing her baby's heartbeat for the first time and I'm reminded about the handful of things that I did enjoy about pregnancy.
The way she put it was so true - up until you hear that sound, it's really hard to believe that there's anything in there. Aside from the 3 months of feeling hung over you really have nothing to show for being pregnant. Hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time is the sweetest sound on earth, especially your first baby. Our second baby was a total "blessing" and was due just a few weeks after our daughter's first birthday so when we heard his heartbeat we were a little more like "oh gosh....there's really another baby in there!" : )
The other greatest thing about pregnancy is feeling that little guy/girl move around in there. The books describe the first kicks as "butterfly's wings or little bubbles". Well if you can figure out what the heck that means, let me know. Here's how I would describe it. I think I started to feel it around 16 weeks and it felt like I had a twitch inside my belly. Have you ever had your eye lid twitch when you're really tired or an overworked muscle have a little spasm? That's exactly how the little kicks feel for a while. Just wait to you feel that little stinker give you a People's Elbow to your bladder - it will be a quick lesson that you will no longer wait to go to the bathroom. Your hubby will be a little jealous because you will get to feel it for a while before he can (about 3-5 weeks later) but as far as I'm concerned, this is just a small bit of justice for women who have to go through pregnancy and labor.
The other good things about pregnancy:
1. You get pampered - eat it up on your first pregnancy because things are different the 2nd time around.
2. You get to go through the whole process of registries and showers again and who doesn't love to get new stuff?
3. Naps are permitted and encouraged (this is also only a 1st timer luxury).
Now, since I did a little bit of a feel-good post, I'll also include a feel good picture. I know that you newly preggies can't wait for that belly to arrive. Well get ready because she's comin and she's gonna be BIG!

1 comment:

  1. I love the outfit you're wearing in this pic and will probably take a similar picture...where did you get it? Just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete